Should I blog? Yes. Yes. Yes.
Here is my list of reasons to start blogging for your business. You've heard all the talk about blogging and its benefits for over a decade, and now you're wondering if you should just start now. I'm hoping to inspire you to start writing and start getting some great website traffic from your blog posts.
Reasons You Should Blog:
- A blog can be a source of keyword-rich content. What do search engines love? Keyword-rich content.
- A blog can be a source of regularly updated content. What else do search engines love? Regularly updated content.
- What makes one-time visitors to your site become regular visitors? Regularly updated content.
- Blogs are a great medium for connecting with your customers on a more personal level that is possible on your corporate site.
- You can show off a little. Anyone can say they are the authority in their field, but if you demonstrate a real knowledge of your field in your blog posts, visitors will see you as a thought leader who can be relied upon.
- As more of an indirect benefit, writing a lot about your business can give you a better understanding of your business and a clearer sense of what you do. It sounds simple, but many businesses don't have a firm grasp of these concepts.
- Blogging is a great way to get the word out to your customers about a new product, service offering, or recent news within your company
- A blog is a great launching pad for a social media campaign. Take your best posts, and share them on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. All you need to be successful on these sites is quality content, hard work and a little luck.
- Nothing is more valuable than quality content that people want and consume. And it's so fun to see your traffic soar and to see more leads filling out CTAs on your blog posts.