CommonPlaces Interactive, a nationally recognized digital agency specializing in web development, digital marketing, and business strategy is seeking an experienced Django Developer. We are proud to offer customized solutions that combine first-class products and services with strategic planning experience and creativity that enhances our client’s brand and success. CommonPlaces was voted one of the best places to work in NH by NH Business Magazine. The Web Marketing Association has awarded CommonPlaces with a WebAward for the past seven years in a row.
This will be a part time contractor position on an as needed basis. You will not be required to come into the office as service can be provided remotely, being located in the New England area would be a plus. The person in this position is responsible for working with the CommonPlaces team to understand customer goals, technical requirements, and priorities.
- Supporting and maintaining existing Django applications and interfaces.
- Support with testing and troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
- Develop enhancements to existing software.
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates based on client specifications.
- Deliver code on time according to provided estimates and project timelines.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Participating in architectural design sessions and product discussions.
- Balance competing priorities in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
A bit about our stack:
- Development platform: Linux (Debian/Ubuntu preferred) or MacOS
- Development tools: Your Choice
- Web Server: Nginx
- Misc: Gunicorn HTTP Gateway, XML knowledge is important
- DB: MySQL (MariaDB), Redis
- Version control: Git
- API: Web Services (SOAP/REST), JSON, XML
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- 4+ years of Python experience and strong knowledge of the Django framework
- Must willing to become HIPAA compliant
- Excellent Python coding skills and understanding of Python best practices (PEP8)
- Experience with developing user authentication and authorization solutions and knowledge of security compliance is a plus
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresQL, MySQL, etc)
- Knowledge of event driven programming in Python is a plus
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment is a plus
- Proficient with Git
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Can quickly understand and work with an existing code-base and can write complex SQL queries
- Strong knowledge of building RESTful APIs using Python (Django Rest Framework)
- Strong understanding of Django ORM and SQLAlchemy
- Command line expertise is a must.
- Knowledge with Puppet Architecture, SSL, DNS, Nginx, Containerized environments, and Virtualized environments is very important.
We offer an unparalleled atmosphere for intelligent people with a keen sense of humor and the drive to get things done. Participate in challenging projects and gain the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the sharpest minds in the business!
Corporate offices are located in the historic mill buildings of Manchester NH, which is an easy reverse commute with no traffic from Massachusetts or anywhere in NH. CommonPlaces is an equal opportunity employer with competitive benefits and salary, including Flex Fridays. Candidates meeting the outlined criterion are invited to submit their resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no Outsourcers or Agents. We are looking for people to work directly with our dynamic team.